Monday, October 26, 2009

Dressing It Up

One thing I always notice as I stroll through home shows is that it really is the little things that make a difference.

I've also figured out, that I can usually use odds and ends around the house to make simple things stand out a little bit more.

Take this candle and candlestick, for instance.



I've had the candle for way too long. Picked it up on clearance (I'm all about cheap!) at Pier 1.

I found the candle stick at Kohl's department store for 1/2 price. I'm still kicking myself for only buying one.

I looked around the house and found this pretty gold ribbon in my craft box. I tied it in a simple square knot around the candle, leaving the tails long. I love me some square knots. I enjoy clean lines. I think square knots add such a touch of class to things.



A few days later, I was at the hardware store with my sweet husband. Usually a somewhat boring store, but someone there got an idea to set up a corner of the store with lovely girly things. It's a little slice of heaven right there in hardware-land. You'll find all the ladies in the "girly section" while all of the men are doing whatever it is they do in the hardware store. So I picked up this little "wreath" for $2.99. People always ask where I found such a thing. Then they chuckle when I tell them I found it at the local hardware store.

Well, this little beauty of a wreath fits perfectly around the base of the candle stick.
I had to slide it over the top, but it worked!



And there you have it! A plain candle and candlestick with a whole new look. I love it! And, when Christmas rolls around, I have a cute little Christmas wreath to go around the bottom which will change the whole look. So charming ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment