Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Decorating


I've long admired all of those beautifully decorated pumpkins. You know the ones....those that look so festive and fun weeks before they are due to be carved. I've always just thrown a group of pumpkins on our porch and felt like I was doing my part decorating for Halloween. This year, however, I decided to make the pumpkins a little more spectacular.

You will need:
Craft glue that dries clear
Glitter
Ribbon and tulle

Finger paint the glue onto the pumpkins in any design you wish. Sprinkle glitter over glue. For the striped one, I just "drew" on the pumpkin straight from the glue bottle rather than using my finger. Brush off excess glitter once the glue has dried. And....wah-lah! Pretty pumpkins! Tie some ribbon and tulle around the stem to add even more "cuteness".

Here are a few more fun ideas I've found. Maybe next year I'll get a little more extravagant!

Copper Leafed Pumpkin

15 Pumpkin Ideas (be sure to click on "next" to scroll through the ideas. there are some FAB ones!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that gold glitter looks so pretty on the orange of the pumpkin. It's lovely.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete